What if we told you that your thyroid is a little powerhouse?
The butterfly-shaped gland located in the base of your neck produces thyroid hormones, which control many activities in your body, including how fast you burn calories and how fast your heart beats.
An estimated 20 million Americans have some form of thyroid disease and up to 60 percent of those with thyroid disease are unaware of their condition.
That’s why we’ve outlined thyroid-related questions you should ask your doctor at your next visit. Start the conversation and schedule your appointment today.
- Can you explain the major functions of the thyroid gland?
- Should I be worried about my thyroid? What are the symptoms of thyroid disease?
- What are the differences between hypothyroid and hyperthyroid patients and what are the symptoms of each?
- What is thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH), how is it measured and what should my target number be?
- What else besides TSH levels are important for making sure my thyroid condition is under control?
To find a provider, click here.